Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eve Learns To Stand Upright...or...We Have Walked On This Earth For Thousands Of Years And Now We Have No Time

these days the balance between old and new is more apparent to me than ever.
life and death.
health and sickness.
good and evil.
blonde and brunette. (kidding, but brunette for me!...and ALL nelson men!)

as eve gets bigger and develops more skills (numchucks, bowstaff, ninja, and liger drawing to name a few) i find myself amazed that as a species we continue to develop and thrive but as a society we continue, it would seem that we strive, to destroy ourselves. i doubt very strongly that we and the planet that we inhabit will be around for very much longer yet even now, in the face of certain doom and self-destruction, my little girl is learning to walk and i cant help but think (and hope) that maybe...just maybe, she will grow up to save our world.


also: you'll notice that eve has a new face. i call it her scrunchy face and i love it :)












5 comments:

Ma n Pa said...

This little girl is such a sweetheart, we just can't get enough of her. I have no doubt she is helping save our world.

Maryann said...

I am NOT kidding I cannot stop watching this or stop laughing at it....

Eve is so funny!!

I love that she is learning to walk on Mom and Dad's counter. :)

Eve, what does your Daddy do that gets you to make that face?

We miss you so much!

Maryann

Emily said...

Maryann - it sounds like he makes Wookie noises. I think we need a video of Dennis's face to go along with Eve's!

We just got high speed internet & this was the first video I watched! Over & over again! Dennis, once again it's your fault that I'm not going to get any laundry done today - I'll be watching Even make her new scrunchy face!

Daron and Christina said...

Amazing, isn't it, that life can seem so rough, but when you're with a child, everything is wonderful. Standing already! She'll be running next! Eve is so darling!

Maryann said...

Dennis,

Are you aware of how much you sound like a wookie in this video?

M :)